YOUR PARENT COACH
What to Expect
The ultimate goal of Parent Coaching is to assist parents and guardians in restoring healthy family dynamics. This is achieved through a positive, solution focused approach that starts with an understanding of the unique needs of your family. The collaboration process begins with your first session, as parents and coach work together to identify specific problem areas and develop a plan for recovery that includes your principles and values. The first priority is getting your child the help that he or she needs. Parents who are committed to the process can also expect to:
- Master improved methods of communicating with your child that match their personality style
- Develop your ability for attunement
- Remove the negative relational dynamics of co-dependency, enabling or enmeshment
- Co-parent with your partner in a united manner
- Effectively engage your child in the process of working through difficult issues
- Learn how to establish and maintain healthy boundaries
- Build effective conflict resolution skills
Homework is part of the process, so be prepared to work actively on assignments with your coach. Ideally, all parents or guardians will engage in these sessions together. When appropriate teens and other family members may be included.
The standard fee is $125.00 for each 60 minute session. You will receive a billing statement through PayPal on a weekly basis . Each session must be paid prior to the next meeting. At this time, insurance does not provide coverage for Skype or telephone based coaching sessions.